March 22, 2019
Happening Now Now

London BLOODBATH: Man killed in Fulham HORROR stabbing – Express

This post was originally published on this site

The Metropolitan Police were called by the London Ambulance Service (LAS) at 12:27am on Saturday to Gowan Avenue junction with Munster Road SW6, following reports of a fight. A 29-year-old male was found with fatal stab wounds. He was tended to by members of the public before police and the LAS arrived on the scene.

 

He received further treatment from medical professionals when they arrived but despite their efforts, the man was pronounced dead at the scene at 12:56am.

Officers are currently trying to contact his next of kin.

The Homicide and Major Crime Command have been notified.

A crime scene has been sectioned off and officers are working to establish what took place at the scene.

READ MORE: Diana Dors: Iconic actress ‘hid knife’ and sent innocent man to jail

There have been no arrests at this stage.

The knife crime epidemic currently gripping the UK has prompted Scotland Yard to now use stop-and-search powers to search 1,000 suspects daily.

Met Deputy Assistant Commissioner Graham McNulty said the aim of the operation was “to put as many feet on the streets as possible”.

He told the Evening Standard: “We know stop-and-search has an impact on people carrying knives because word goes around when we are doing it. We see it as a life saver.”

 

Although stabbings have occurred outside of London in large cities such as Manchester and Birmingham, 2018 saw more than 100 people stabbed to death in the capital.

Last year saw more than 21,000 convictions for possessing or making threats with bladed or other offensive weapons, the highest level in a decade.

But only in around 8,000 cases, or 37 percent, were offenders locked up.

Those with information that can assist police should call 101 ref 179/16 March.

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.