Pair charged in seven-county crime spree; five robberies, five thefts at Walmart stores
Two men have been charged with a series of robberies and thefts from Walmart stores in seven counties, authorities said.
Jon Beverly, 28, of Philadelphia and Maurkeece Foreman, 26, of Pottstown, are charged in connection with five robberies and fire retail thefts between July 23, 2017 and Jan. 7 at stores in Montgomery, Bucks, Carbon, Luzerne, Cumberland, Dauphin and Lancaster counties. The pair took more than $52,000 worth of merchandise during the crime spree, officials said.
The two men are charged with 40 felony offenses including robbery, conspiracy, retail theft and theft.
Foreman was captured Jan. 7 by Pottstown police after he pulled a gun on a employee at the Walmart on Shoemaker Road in Pottstown and demanded all 20 iPhones on display, officials said. The iPhones were valued at $6,383.
After Foreman was arrested and charged in that robbery, police continued their investigation and on Jan. 25 Beverly was arrested in Philadelphia on a probation violation. Both men are being held on $250,000 bail in Montgomery County Correctional Facility.
The prior robberies and thefts include:
- Theft, July 23, at the store on Blakeslee Boulevard East Drive in Mahoning Township, Carbon County, $3,972.18 worth of surveillance, computer and audio systems;
- Theft, Aug. 6, at the store on Lincoln Highway East in East Lampeter Township, Lancaster County, $4,096 worth of iPhones;
- Theft, Dec. 12, at the store in Wilkes-Barre, Luzerne County, $7,059 worth of iPhones and a bag;
- Theft, Dec. 18, at the store on North Gulph Road in Upper Merion Township, Montgomery County, speakers and a bed comforter worth $397;
- Robbery, Dec. 18, at the store on South Trooper Road in West Norriton Township, Montgomery County, of a computer and two speaker worth $977;
- Robbery, Dec. 23, at the store on Noble Boulevard in Carlisle, Cumberland County, of 10 iPhones valued at $7,784;
- Theft, Dec. 27, at the store on Kocher Lane in Mifflin Township, Dauphin County, of a storage tote and six laptop computers valued at $1,502.97;
- Robbery, Dec. 27, at the store on Lincoln Highway East in East Lampeter Township, Lancaster County, of 11 iPhones valued at $7,653;
- Robbery, Jan. 4, at the store on Bethlehem Pike in Hilltown Township, Bucks County, of 14 iPhones valued at $13,084.